Indian Baigan Ka Bharta recipe is a delicious side dish made of spiced mashed eggplant … Pinch of Asafoetida; Few sprigs of Curry Leaves and Cilantro; Salt to
- Eggplant – 1
- Onion (finely chopped) – 2
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 2
- Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped) – 1
- Boiled Peas – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch chopped
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves chopped
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Brush eggplant with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Roast till all sides of eggplant gets roasted.
- Cool the roasted eggplant and peel off the blackened flesh.
- Mash the fleshy eggplant.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and green chillies one by one.
- Add onions and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add tomato and all spice powders and cook till oil comes out.
- Add mashed eggplant and peas and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.