Beef Masala Curry has to be at the top of the list. Fragrant spices and tender meat can be on the table in less than an hour. This is one of those outrageously delicious curries, which will make you mop your plate clean and ask for more.
- 2 lb stewing beef, cut in 2 inch cubes
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup beef stock
- Turn the pressure cooker into saute mode.
- Add oil, chopped onions, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions become translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- Then stir in the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into the food processor and blend all into a paste.
- Then brown the meat on all sides, pour in the blended spice paste, stock and add lemon zest.
- Cover the lid and cook for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Serve this incredibly tender and flavorful beef masala curry with steamed rice and chopped cilantro.