Roast beef is a dish of beef which is roasted in an oven. Essentially prepared as a main meal, the leftovers can be and are often served.
- Beef 1kg
- shallots 1c
- onions 2 big
- tomato 1 big
- garlic 1 bulb
- ginger 1 big pc
- green chillies 3 no:s
- red chilly powder 1
- tspturmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder 2tsp
- Garam masala 1tsp
- pepper powder 1 tsp
- fennel seeds powder 2tsp
- Fried coconut pieces 1/2c (optional)
- coconut oil
- curry leaves
- coriander leaves
1. Cook the beef with half chilly powder and turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cooker till done.
2. In a pan heat coconut oil and add sliced shallots and onions.
3. When this becomes brown add ginger garlic paste.
4. Saute well and add the powders and mix well.
5. Now add the sliced tomatoes and mix well till the tomatoes are soft.
6. Put the cooked beef into thos masala and mix well.
7. Roast till all the water evapourates and becomes dark brown.
8. Add little coconut oil in between the roasting.
9. If addind fried coconut pieces add at this point.
10. Add curry leaves and coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with chappathis or parotta.