Chicken Kurma is a delicious side dish recipe made with coconut and Indian spices go well with Chapati, Parota, Idiyappam, Aapam, Idli, Dosai etc…
- Chicken pieces – 1 kg
- Large Onions (finely chopped) – 2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Large Tomato chopped – 1
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2-3 tbsps
- Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1″
- Cardamoms – 2
- Grated fresh Coconut – 5 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 8
- Roasted Chickpeas – 1 tbsp
Roast: (in 2 tsp oil for 5 minutes)
- Curry leaves – 6-8
- Sambar Onions/Shallots – 8-10
- Green Chilies – 4
- Coriander leaves chopped – 3 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 15
- Make a paste of ingredients under ‘dry roast’ and ‘roast’ by adding a few tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add curry leaves and saute for few secs.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt and combine. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and the chicken pieces and combine. Cook without lid for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook with lid on simmer till the chicken is tender and the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Turn off heat.
- Delicious Chicken Kurma is ready.
Tagged : Easy To Cook Recipes, Arabian Recipes, Indian Food Recipe, Tamilnadu Recipe, Hotel Saravana Bhavan Recipe, Chettinadu Recipe, How to Cook Step By Step, Easy Dinner Recipes, Vegetarian Recipe, Sea Food Recipe, Simple Lunch Recipe, Non Veg Recipe, Chicken Recipe, Side dish, Biryani Recipe, Mutton Recipe, Indian Soup Recipe, Chettinad Kari, Kozhi Kurma, Chicken Kuruma, Chicken Korma