Corn Soup with Chipotle Sour Cream is delicious little spicy Mexican cream soup recipe.
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 ears corn (5 cup kernels)
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. chopped chipotles in adobo
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened and golden, stirring, 8 to 10 minutes. Add corn and stock to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until corn is soft, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender until smooth. Whisk in lime juice and ¼ cup sour cream.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup sour cream and chipotle in adobo, letting some streaks of chipotle remain. Dollop on soup and serve. Delicious Corn Soup with Chipotle Sour Cream is ready.