Cucumber Salad which typically comes with our order of Chicken Satay. It is so light and refreshing. The perfect combination of sweet and sour. Several Asian restaurants serve similar types of salad using the same vinaigrette, most commonly with grilled meat.
- 1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, matchstick-julienned
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar (or Splenda equivalent for low carb diets)
- 1 tsp. of thai chili garlic sauce
- pinch of salt
Read also Tabouli Green Salad (Restaurant Style)
- In a microwavable small bowl (or coffee mug) add rice vingar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, and salt.
- Heat the bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir the vinaigrette until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a medium size bowl add the sliced cucumbers, carrots, and red onion.
- Pour vinaigrette over the cucumber mixture until well tossed.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
Read also Chickpea Salad with Yogurt