Drumstick Leaves Soup Moringa Oleifera Leaves is best known as an excellent source of nutrition and natural energy booster. It rich in Iron and it is very good treatment for ladies who mostly affected with Anemia (Feeling very tired and lazy on their period time)
Healthy, easy and nutritious Drumstick Leave Soup/MurungaiKeerai Soup.
- Drumstick leaves – 2 cups
- Pearl onions – 6-7
- Garlic cloves – 5-6
- Tomato – 1-2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste (optional)
- Wash drumstick leaves and discard the thick stem. You can use the leaves along with the tender stems as shown in the picture below.
- Chop tomatoes and keep it aside. Peel onion and garlic and keep it ready.
- In a pressure cooker, add the washed drumstick leaves along with the stem, onion, garlic, tomato, cumin seeds, whole black pepper, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker. Using a stainless steel soup strainer, strain the soup.
Press or squeeze and extract as much soup as you can.
Reheat the soup, add salt and pepper powder to taste and enjoy it piping hot.