This Chicken Tortillas recipe is very easy to prepare and very healthy food for your family and kids love it. Balance your food choices so you and your family and friends can enjoy a serving of this indulgent recipe as an occasional treat.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 0.5 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stoned, peeled and sliced
- lime wedges for sqeezing
- 120 g Philadelphia Light soft cheese
- 2 tsp cold water
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Toss the chicken with the chilli powder and stir fry for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Tip chicken onto a plate and set aside.
Add peppers and onion to the pan and stir fry until softened and lightly browned, adding the garlic for the last minute of cooking time. Then return the chicken to the pan and cook with the vegetables for 2-3 minutes until hot, stirring regularly.
Mix the Philly and water until it reaches a smooth, dropping consistency. To serve, put some lettuce and a couple of sliced tomatoes onto each tortilla. Top with Cooked Chicken and vegetables, then add some sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime. Finish with a couple of teaspoons of the Philadelphia sauce. Roll up and serve immediately.