Fish Gravy Recipe is a dish that would linger on your tongue long after you have finished it. The aroma, the taste, the flavor is so delightful.
- Fish – ½ kg
- Onion- 2 big
- Tomato – 2
- Garlic- 10 pods
- Green chilli -3
- Chilli powder – 4 tsp(as spicy as needed)
- Coriander powder – 5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
- Tamarind – lemon sized( extract 2 cups of pulp)
- Salt – As required.
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 10 leaves
1. Clean the fish pieces and add 2 tsp of chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt and keep aside to marinate.
2. Cut Onion and tomato ,Grind it coarsely without adding water and change it to other container.
3. Then grind the coconut and cumin seeds together finely by adding some water.
4. Now add oil in the kadai(pan for frying) and add mustard seed ,wait till it crackles.
5. Add fenugreek seeds ,curry leaves,Garlic and sauté them.
6. Add grounded onion and tomato mix and green chillies and fry till raw smell goes.
7. Now add chilli powder,coriander powder ,tamarind pulp ,salt and allow it to boil .
8. Then add grounded coconut and bring it to boil and add fish pieces.
9. Now let it cook in low flame and close the vessel.
10. Once fish is cooked,turn off the stove and Fish Gravy is ready.