Garden Vegetable Spaghetti is a low calorie healthy diet recipe and a bounty from the garden–peas, carrots, onion, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes and basil–makes a delicious pasta topping.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices (4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Read also Lentil Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, onion, zucchini and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; cook until hot. Serve vegetable mixture over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.
Read also Vegetable Macaroni Indian style