Wattalappam is a coconut custard pudding preparing with streaming made of coconut milk, eggs, Sugar or Jaggery, cashew nuts, various spices, including cardamom, cloves etc. It’s a national dish of Sri Lanka and also famous in extreme Southern Tamil Nadu.
- Coconut Big – 1
- Eggs – 4
- Sugar – 6 Cups
- Salt – 1 Pinch
- Cashew – Few numbers
- Extract coconut milk from the created coconuts (Coconuts milk should be very thick so first milk is good if you use second milk colour of the pudding turns gray)
- Beat the eggs lightly in a vessel ( Adding more eggs gives unpleasant smell when eating)
- Mix the coconut milk, beaten egg and add sugar.
- Add cashews, keep the bowl in the pressure cooker.
- After the first whistle lower the flame and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Delicious home made Wattalappam is ready.
Tags : , Vattilappam, Vattalappam, Wattalappam, Vattalapam, Vattilapam, Coconut Pudding, Egg Pudding