Idly Podi is a best side dish not only for Idly can use it for Dosa, Uttapam and also for Rice with Ghee or Sesame Oil. It plays the vital role in every South Indian homes and Restaurants.
To prepare Idly Podi
- Red chilli – 20 nos
- Seasame seeds – 1/2 cup
- Split urad dal – 1/2 cup
- Asafoetida – 1 tspn
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Tamarind – 1 lemon size
- Curry leaves – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Gingelly oil – 5 tspn
- In a kadai add oil, chilli, urad dal, seasame and fried it over.
- Let them to cool, now add fried thinks in to the blender.
- And also add tamarind, Asafoetida,salt and grind it
- When it’s half grained, now add garlic to the blender..
- Noted that you must add the garlic atlast(So that i must me flavour ful)
- And grind it again now the Idly Podi is ready to serve.