Kara Boondi is easy and quick snacks to make.. You may use a special boondi ladle for making boondis. you may also use this recipe for the mixture, dahi vada.
To prepare Crispy Spicy Kara Boondi
- Besan /kadalai maavu/gram flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 spn
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafoetida – 2 pinch
- Cashew nuts – 8 to 9
- Oil – deep frying
- Combain both flour in a bowl, add salt, asafoetida, red chilli powder to this
- Add water to this to make this into a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat oil to the kadai for deep frying.
- when oil became hot and check whether the consistency is right for the batter.
- Take a ladle with small holes to make boondis.
- Pour a ladle of batter to the perforated ladle and with the back of the ladle the boondi falls into the oil
- If in this form a nice round ball then the consistency is perfect, now add cashew and curry leaves then fry till the oil sound subsides.
- Then only we get crispy boondis. Take out the oil and drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Repeat this for rest of the batter, now the boondis are ready
- Add chilli powder, salt to that and mix well.
- The wonderful Crispy Spicy Kara Boondi snacks is ready to serve.