Kerala chicken curry recipe – Nadan chicken curry recipe, one of the mouthwatering recipes from Kerala that is made of coconut oil and coconut juice.
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 big Onions
- 10 to 12 Shallots
- 1 med pc Ginger
- 8 to 10 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Green chilies
- 1 big Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1c Coconut milk
- Mustard seeds for spluttering
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut oil
- Clean the chicken and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil splutter the mustard seeds and add the sliced onions and shallots.
- When it is transparent add chopped garlic and ginger and saute well.
- Now when the raw smell goes away add the spice powders and saute well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- When the tomatoes are soft add the chicken and mix well.
- When the chicken is cooked well add the coconut milk and when just boil off the flame.
- Add the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Have it with Chapattis or rice.