MASALA VADAI is a traditional snacks even it is served as morning breakfast in Northern India. It is easy to prepare and very tasty healthy snack.
- 3 cups – Bengal Gram (Channa Dal)
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 6 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- Few Curry leaves
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Soak dal for 2 hours.
- Drain water completely.
- Fill Jar with half quantity of dal (1 ½cups) & Inch 15-20 times (do not add water)
- The dal should be ground very coarse.
- Remove & keep aside.
- Repeat process for balance dal.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, salt & curry leaves to the ground dal.
- Shape into small balls, flatten, deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Delicious snack MASALA VADAI is ready.