Mexican Chicken Pasta is a delicious spicy Mexican pasta recipe.
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 c. half and half
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 c. shredded pepper jack
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
Read also Cheesy Vegetable Pasta
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add onions and peppers and cook until tender, 4 minutes more. Add chili powder, cumin, and oregano and stir until coated.
- Add tomatoes and stir, then add chicken broth and half-and-half. Add cooked spaghetti to skillet and toss until coated, then add cheeses and stir until creamy.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve. Delicious Mexican Chicken Pasta is ready.
Read also Pasta with Shrimp, Leek, and Spinach