This Onion Rava Dosa Recipe explains how to make instant crispy instant Onion Rava Dosa at home in just 20 minutes. This crispy dosa sprinkled with Idly Podi is one of my favorite breakfast.
- Rava – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Maida flour – 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Finely chopped Ginger – 1 inch
- Cumin seed – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Green chili – 1
- Finely chopped Curry leaf – 5
- Finely chopped Mint leaf – 5
- Oil – as needed.
- Salt – to taste
- Roast the rava to light brown. Grind the rava along with black pepper, green chili once a blender (mixer)
- In a blow add the rava, rice flour, maida flour, onion, ginger, cumin seeds, curry leaves, mint leaves, salt to taste, 4 cup of water and make a thick batter (like dosai batter).
- Keep the batter for 20 minutes.
Making Onion Rava Dosai
- Heat the flat iron skillet or non-stick tawa pan well.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the center, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
- Once this side is cooked, flip over and cook until the dosai is cooked on the other side.