Pad Thai Chicken Noodles healthy and easy Thai Recipe. The great thing about Pad Thai Chicken Noodles is that it doesn’t take much prep time at all. You just boil the noodles, cook the chicken, whisk together.
Ingredients for Pad Thai Chicken Noodles
- 8 ounces Thai rice noodles, linguine width, available at Asian/Chinese stores
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips
Marinade for the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon corn starch disolved in 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 fresh green or red chilies, minced (optional)
- 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3 sprig green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup crushed or roughly chopped peanuts
- Vegetable oil for stir-frying
- Wedges of lime
For the Pad Thai sauce:
- 1 1/4 tablespoon tamarind paste dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm water (available at Whole Foods)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
(Above sauce recipe reflects a doubled amount as I like my Pad Thai saucy. I also like more sauce for leftovers the next day. Feel free to half if you don’t want saucier Pad Thai.)
- Place chicken slices in a bowl, mix together marinade and pour over chicken. Set aside.
- Make the Pad Thai sauce by combining the ingredients together in a small tupperware container. Stir to dissolve tamarind and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot full of water to a boil, remove from heat. Dunk in your rice noodles. Allow noodles to soak while you prepare other ingredients. Note: You will be frying noodles later so you don’t want to over-soften them now. Noodles are ready to be drained when they are soft enough to eat, but still firm. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Warm up a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil plus the garlic and minced chili, if using. Stir-fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken together with the marinade. Stir-fry 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the noodles and pour 1/2 the Pad Thai sauce over the top. Using two spatulas, two spoons, or other utensils begin stir-fying the noodles. Use a gentle “lift and turn” method. Stir-fry this way for 1-2 minutes. Add more sauce if the noodles look like they’re not saucy enough. Reserve remaining sauce for leftovers, or save in the refrigerator for up to one month for your next Pad Thai meal.
- Add the bean sprouts and continue “tossing” 1 more minute, or until noodles are cooked (a nice chewy and sticky texture).
- Lift noodles onto a serving plate, toss with fresh cilantro, sprig onion, and crushed/chopped peanuts. Garnish with fresh lime wedges (which are fantastic squeezed on top).
- Delicias Pad Thai Chicken Noodles is ready.