Rumali Roti is a thin flatbread popular in South Asia. It enjoyed with tandoori dishes and as a traditional elements in mughlai cuisine.It can be easily folded it like handkerchief and you may roll out as thinly as possible and stretch before cooking.
To prepare Rumali Roti
- All purpose flour/maida – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 spn
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Warm water as required
FOR MAKING ROTI:
- Rice flour – 2 spn
- Oil as needed
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix with your hands.
- Pour in some milk, water to form a soft dough and let it rest for 30 mins. Divide the dough and make small balls
- Take two part of dough from it and spread it lightly and apply oil in it and dredge it in rice flour
- Make to stick both dough together and roll into thin roti
- Heat a tawa and put this on, then cooked on both side(let it lightly brown)
- Remove it from the tawa and separate it into thin rotis.
- Fold it like a handkerchief and serve it with side dish
- I match it with Gobi Matar Masala. click Gobi Matar Masala to view