Saravana Bhavan Ven Pongal is a very easy and comfort food. Mostly make this with gothsu or chutney, will be the great side dish for Pongal. Even Tiffin sambar will be great accompaniment. But it’s best with both chutney and sambar together. Preparing Pongal is easy job in kitchen.
- Raw rice = 1 cup
- Moong dal / Pasi paruppu – 1/4 cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – as needed
- Ghee – 3 tbspn
- Mustard – 1 tspn
- Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Pepper – 2 tspn
- Ginger – 1 tbspn (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Take dal and rice combined in a bowl.
- Wash well and add it to the cooker and add in water, salt.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistle and set aside.
- Now heat a pan add tempered items given in the list ” TO TEMPER” one by one.
- Toss it till light brown and pour to the prepared pongal.
- Give it a mix (mash) and noted it should mix evenly.
- Now it’s done.. Serve hot.