Sea Crab Curry Indian Style simple and easy to prepare crab recipes in Indian style and International style.
- Sea crabs – ½ kg (How to clean crabs? – Here is a cool link.)
- Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Cummin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 8 flakes
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- Green chillies – 6, medium size, medium hot (or dried red chilies – 4)
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Tamarind extract – 2 tablespoons (or tomatoes – 1, finely chopped)
- Coconut – 1 cup, grated (half portion of a medium-sized coconut)
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Salt – 1 teaspoon, adjust to taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoons (preferably coconut oil)
Fry lightly the coriander seeds, cummin seeds, black peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds taking care not to brown them. Grind it along with ginger, garlic, green chilies, coconut, and turmeric powder to a smooth paste. Heat a flat-bottomed vessel and pour in the oil. When it becomes smoking hot, add the onions and saute till the onion edges turn brown here and there. Add the ground masala paste and salt. Fry for a minute. Add the tamarind extract or tomatoes at this stage and saute till the tomatoes are soft. Add the crabs and mix it well with the masala. Pour 2 cupfuls of hot water over the crabs or sufficient to just cover it. Cover and cook over moderate heat till the crabs are cooked well and the gravy is thickish to your required consistency. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with plain rice. Enjoy!