Sharjah Shake / Banana Milkshake
Sharjah Shake / Banana Milkshake – A very common milk shake recipe available in Kerala Bakeries / Juice shops or ice-cream parlors. This is popular in Southern India even from the early 90′s.
- Frozen Milk – 250 ml
- Small Banana (Kadali variant) – 4 nos
- Salted peanuts 1 tablespoon
- Horlicks / Boost / Bournvita – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon (to taste)
- Instant coffee – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts : 5 -6
Sharjah Shake preparation
- In a Juicer jar, mash frozen milk and add peeled banana and peanuts. Grind well.
- Add horlicks, sugar, coffee powder etc and pulse well.
- Add rest of the frozen milk and blend well.
- Take two tall glasses and pour the shake and garnish with round cut small banana pieces.
- Can sprinkle a touch of horlicks on top!
- You can also sprinkle few cashew nuts or can add a scoop of icecream on top.
PS : Depending on the availability and your preference, you can try adding badam, peanut, cardamom etc.