Simple Caprese Salad is a easy and healthy Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella (ideally Buffalo mozzarella), tomatoes, and green basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil.
Ingredients for Simple Caprese Salad
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh Basil, sliced into ribbons
- Olive oil, generously drizzled
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Aged Balsamic (optional)
Read also Chickpea Salad with Yogurt
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on the plate, topped with mozzarella.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each tomato-mozzarella slice, followed by the pesto (I usually dip a fork into the pesto and then shake the fork over the plate until each tomato-mozzarella slice has enough) and then the salt and pepper.
- Top with the basil ribbons.
- Healthy delicious Caprese Salad ready
Note for the best
Enjoy Caprese Salad with Pad Thai Chicken Noodles