Spinach Creamy Soup is a tasty and very healthy soup and its very easy to prepare. This is a low fat version didn’t add cream in it, instead mixed cornstarch with milk to give creaminess and it really worked.
Health Benefits of Spinach.
Low in fat and even lower in cholesterol, spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai – 1 small stick
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cloves / Krambu – 4
- Onions – 1 medium size chopped finely
- Garlic – 3 cloves chopped
- Palak / Spinach – 3 cups chopped roughly
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cornflour / Corn Starch – 1 tblspn
- Cold Milk – 1/2 cup
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a soup pot, add in bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Saute it for a min.
- Add in onions, garlic and saute it for couple of mins.
- Add in chopped palak and saute it for 5 to 7 mins till it shrinks and raw smell leaves away.
- Now remove the whole spices out and add the mix to a blender and puree it smoothly.
- Pour this puree back into the pot and wash the blender with some water and pour that in. Add in required amount of water.
- Put this back on stove, add salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
- Now mix cornflour with milk. Pour this into the soup and mix well.
- Simmer it for couple of mins. Serve hot.
Read also Palak Paneer