This is a Chinese dish schezwan chicken or szechuan chicken is one of the popular appetizer from the Chinese cuisine. Mildly spiced & flavored with sichuan pepper.
- 1kg Chicken (can use boneless)
- 1 Big carrot
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2tsp Szechuan sauce
- A pinch of red food color
- 1tbsp Corn flour
- ½ c Water
For Szechuan Sauce:
- 5 Whole red chillies
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1½ tsp Tomato paste
- ½ tsp Tomato ketchup
1. To make the szechuan sauce boil the red chillies and garlic together.when it is cooked let it cool for sometime.Then grind this along with tomato ketchup and tomato paste and salt .Keep this aside.
2. Now in a pan pour some oil and fry the chicken till light brown color appears.
3. Take chicken from the oil and drain excess oil in kitchen paper.
4. Now heat another pan and add some oil from the oil in which chicken fried.
5. Add chopped garlic and sauté.add the diced onions and sauté.
6. Now add the szechuan sauce and tomato ketchup and sauté.
7. Now add the carrots cut into round pieces and mix well.
8. Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
9. Cover and cook for sometime.
10. Now add the cornflour dissoled in ½ c water.This gives the curry a glazing effect.
11. Now add the color and mix well.Add salt.
12. If u need more spicy add little more szechuan sauce and mix well.
13. Delicious Szechuan Chicken is ready, Serve hot with fried rice.