- 2 tablespoons of tamarin concentrate
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of nuoc mam
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
Chopped finely the garlic and ginger and put the mixture into the blender or mortar.
Add tamarind, honey, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, paprika and chili powder.
Then mix everything until the mixture is smooth.
Serve at room temperature with raw vegetables like carrots, peppers or cucumber and okra or turnips diced.
This sauce can be kept several weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight jar.
– See more at: http://en.azizen.com/sauce-en/tamarin-sauce/#sthash.BJPAOy6G.dpuf