big tomatoes 4
grated coconut 1 cup
mustard seeds 1 tsp
curry leaves,broken in bits Few
green chillies finely chopped 2-3
asafoetida / hing A pinch
sugar 2 tsp
vegetable oil 1 tbsp
warm water 3(1/2) cups
Salt to taste
1. Chop the tomatoes in big pieces.
2. Put them in a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet and add oil.
4. When the oil is hot enough, add curry leaves, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
5. Stir in only for few seconds and add tomato puree.
6. Mix the salt as per taste by stirring constantly.
7. After 2-3 minutes, add sugar along with the grated coconut.
8. Add water and bring the soup to a slow flame by stirring occasionally.
9. Take off from heat up and allow to cool slightly.
10.Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.