Traditional Idli Sambar is very famous delicious South Indian recipe goes good with Idli and Dosa.
To prepare Traditional Idli Sambar
- Onion – 1 (Slice pieces)
- Tomato – 3(chopped)
- Small onion – 7-8
- Boiled potato – 1
- Green chilli – 15 (sliced)
- Raw Mango – 1/4 (chopped)
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 spn
- Coconut oil – 5spn
- Water and salt – as required
- Boiled Masoor dal – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – as required
- Coconut oil – 2 tspn
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Red chilli broken – 3
- Curry leaves- as required
- In a kadai add oil and all the vegetables except raw mango
- Fried over, now in a pressure cooker add masoor dal, fried vegetables and raw mango
- Now add Turmeric powder, mash potato and some water and let them to whistle it for 2.
- Now in another kadai add frying items mustard, dal, red chilli, curry leaves and fry them.
- Then open the pressure cooker add salt and coconut , some required water and mix them until it became to boil.
- Atlast coriander leaves need to be add in that.
- And the colorful Traditional Idli Sambar is ready for idly.