Traditional Mutton Kuzhambu is favorite dish in South Indian village Mutton Gravy. In this kuzhambu mutton is cooked in onion, and ginger garlic paste. After that the mutton mixed with the masala which we prepare by grind ingredients like chilli, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, which gives the original smell of the recipe. Finally the coconut paste gives sweetness to the dish…
To prepare Traditional Mutton Kuzhambu
- Mutton with bone – 3/4 kg
- Potato Chopped – 3(cut into squares)
- Turmeric Powder – 2 spn
- Gingelly oil – 5spn
- Salt and water – as required
- Small onions – 250 gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 spn
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red chilli – 15 , Coriander seeds – 4spn , Cumin seeds – 1spn
- Gingelly oil – 1spn
- Mustared seeds – 1spn
- Chopped small onions – 3
- Curry leaves – as required
- Grain the ginger, garlic, small onions together.
- And now fry red chilli, coriander, cumin and grind it also.
- And third one is, grind the coconut into a fine paste.
- After grinding these all thinks, lets we start cooking In a pressure cooker add mutton and onion paste, turmeric powder , some some water and whistle it for 4.
- Open it after 5 mins. The mutton is cooked well
- Add potatoes and add chilli masala , coconut paste together into the cooker mix it well
- Add some water and keep it aside to boil
- In another kadai fried the frying items and pour it into the cooker.
- Mix it well and again whistle it for 2
- Now the Traditional Mutton Kuzhambu is ready