Packed with pasta, tuna and boiled eggs, this salad makes a really hearty meal and is sure to keep you feeling fuller for longer. It also works well as a packed lunch or for a picnic.
- 200g dried penne (Pasta)
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves separated and roughly torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 200g midi or large cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 8 pitted black olives
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, boiled to your liking, halved or quartered (optional)
Read also Garden Vegetable Spaghetti
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 level tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instruction, adding the green beans to the pan for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Place the tuna, lettuce, yellow pepper, tomatoes, olives and red onion in a wide bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and season well.
- Drain the pasta and the beans and add to the tuna mixture. Pour over the dressing and toss gently to mix well.
- Garnish each serving with a boiled egg, if using, and serve immediately.
Tip: If you leave out the pasta, this makes a really tasty Tuna Niçoise Salad on an Original day at just ½ Syn per serving. Just cook the green beans on their own for 3-4 minutes and then tip into a bowl of cold water to cool.
Read also Spaghetti With Kale and Tomatoes