Vegetable Macaroni prepared with green vegetables and a dash of desi spices, this version of pasta is an absolute winner as it packs both nutrition and taste.
Time – 30 minutes
- Macaroni – 1 cup
- Capsicum – 1
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2
- Carrot – 2
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – less than 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Read also Pasta with Shrimp, Leek, and Spinach
- Boil the macaroni, first. Take 2 to 3 cups of water in any utensil and place it on flame for heating. When water starts boiling add 1 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and macaroni into it and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir at regular intervals.
- Wash all the vegetables, capsicum, carrots, tomato and cabbage, thoroughly, pat dry and then chop them finely.
- Drain the water out of boiled macaroni. Preheat some oil in a pan. When oil is hot, add ginger paste, finely chopped green chilly and saute for while. Now add finely chopped carrot and capsicum and again saute for a while.
- When vegetables get crunchy, add cabbage and tomato into it and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, chaat masala, red chilly powder and tomato sauce into it and mix well. Cook for few more minutes. Add macaroni and some green coriander into the masala. Stir for 1 minute and cook the macaroni with vegetables.
- Steaming hot veg macaroni is ready. Take it out in a plate and garnish with some green coriander. Serve this scrumptious macaroni and relish eating.
Read also Chicken Pasta