Beef Karahi is a popular cuisine around India and Pakistan. This recipe Beef Karahi has an authentic taste with Dandoor Roti and quite popular in Pakistani hotels in UAE.
Ingredients for Beef Karahi
- Beef 1 kg
- Garlic (paste) 2 pods
- Salt 1, 1/2 tsp
- Ginger (chopped) 1/4 cup
- Butte 4 ounces
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Green chillies 12
- Red chilli powder1 tsp
- White pepper powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt (whisked) 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes (chopped) 2
- Green cardamoms 8
- Black cardamoms 5
- All-spice1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) 1/2 bunch
Cooking Instructions Beef Karahi
- Put 1, 1/2 kg water, beef, garlic (keep 1 tsp aside) and 1 tsp salt in a pot.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook.
- Add butter and oil when a little water is left in the beef.
- Add ginger, 1 tsp garlic, green chillies, 1/2 tsp salt, red chillies, white pepper powder and yogurt.
- Let it cook. When the yogurt dries up, add tomatoes.
- Grind green and black cardamoms into a paste and add 1/2 tsp into the pot.
- Add all-spice and fry till oil separates from the curry.
- Add coriander leaves and take off flame. Serve hot.