Chicken Biryani is a delicious mixer of rice and spices very famous food among all Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. There are hundreds of different types like Mugal Biryani, Hydrabadhi Biryani, Adukku Biryani, Thum Biryani…
- Chicken Bone-in pieces – 400 g
- Basmati Rice soaked for 30 minutes in cold water – 360 g
- Fried onion – 240 g
- Ginger 1/2 inch long piece – 1 whole
- Garlic – 4 clove
- Yoghurt – 240 g
- Tomato chopped – 150 g
- Red Chille – 4
- Green Chille – 4
- Fresh mint leaves – 120 g
- Corriander leaves – 120 g
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 6 pod
- Cinnamon stick
- Green Cardamom – 6 pod
- Black cardamom – 2 pod
- Shah Jeera – 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- In a small grinder add ginger, garlic, green chilies, mint leaves, coriander and 1 tablespoon of water and grind to make a fine paste.
- Take a bowl and add the mint-coriander paste to it. Add yogurt, salt, turmeric, tomato, fried onion and mix well. Now add the chicken pieces to the mixture and marinate with the mixture.
- Take a pan and heat 3 tablespoons of oil in it. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the pan and cover it for 5 minutes. Evaporate all the excess water from the chicken and stir fry till oil gets released from the chicken and the spices. Turn off the oven.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pressure cooker and add cloves, green cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, shah jeera and some salt and fry till a nice aroma emanates from the whole spices.
- Now add the soaked rice to the cooker and fry for a minute. Add the chicken pieces to the pressure cooker.
- Add Red Chilies
- Add 1 & 3/4 cup of water into the pressure cooker. Pressure cook the biryani on high heat for the duration of two whistles of the valve . Turn off the oven and let the pressure get released without external tampering.
- When all the pressure is released by itself, open the lid and your biryani is ready to serve.
Delicious Chicken Biryani is ready garnish with fried onions and fresh coriander leaves. Go well with Onion Raitha and Egg.
Tagged : Easy To Cook Recipes, Arabian Recipes, Indian Food Recipe, Tamilnadu Recipe, Hotel Saravana Bhavan Recipe, Chettinadu Recipe, How to Cook Step By Step, Easy Dinner Recipes, Vegetarian Recipe, Sea Food Recipe, Simple Lunch Recipe, Non Veg Recipe, Chicken Recipe, Side dish, Biryani Recipe, Mutton Recipe, Indian Soup Recipe, biriyani, bireyani, biryani