One of the reasons I like eating in Korean restaurants is the variety of side dishes they serve with the meal. This is one side dish that is easy to prepare and can also be used as an ingredient for Bibimbap.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 pound Soybean Sprouts – rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic – crushed or finely chopped
- 2 Green Onions – thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Korean Hot Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Place soybean sprouts, salt and 1 cup water in a pot. Cover and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl and keep aside for few minutes to cool down a little.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and serve.